Reports To: Area Sales Manager
Under the leadership of the Area Retail Sales Manager oversees all operational sales, payroll budgets, scheduling, relationship building, event planning and training requirements.
The position of Brand Ambassador ensures profitable studio operations including high service standards, product sales, stock levels, expense management, and staffing development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for meeting studio sales plans
- Holds Brand Champions and Beauty Artists accountable for the sales and operational results of their assigned studio and ensures they are promoting a sales driven environment
- Ability to understand, analyze and articulate retail and service performance to budget, and recommend and ensure successful implementation of action plan to increase performance
- Accountable for business development and studio sales growth through the identification of events participation and promotional opportunities
- Accountable for the monthly auditing of their assigned studio including: operational, sales, staff and facilities management reviews.
- Oversees and approves staff activities for Brand Champions and Beauty Artists.
- Supports and assists as needed the coaching and training and development of Brand Champions and Beauty Artists.
- Accountable for ensuring that Brand Champion’s execution and implementation of all company policies and ensuring compliance with related operational procedures. (Including wage and hour, salary budget, meal and break compliance, inventory control, facilities requirements, quality control and customer services.)
- Oversees the implementation and compliance of customer services standards and ensuing “Our Promise” is delivered with each customer interaction.
- Motivates and inspires studio teams
- Monitors and assesses studio productivity by ensuring proper goal setting, effective scheduling, staff meetings and direct regular communications are in place
- Maintains highest company standards, evaluates performance to standards
- Uphold and enforce merchandising standards inclusive of plannogram, visual and esthetic requirements
- Uphold studio environments that are consistent with the Ziba Brand. This includes the appearance of the studio, cleanliness, staff appearance and merchandising
The Brand Ambassador reports to the Area Sales Manager
The studio level staff report to the Brand Ambassador
Partners frequently with the Area Sales Manager to carry out company policies and procedures.
Leads by example to improve the overall outcome of studio experience and customer satisfaction while driving sales and maximizing profits through effective coaching of Brand Ambassadors.
The Brand Ambassador is authorized to take any reasonable action necessary to carry out the responsibilities assigned so long as such action does not deviate from established company policy and is consistent with sound judgment. This authority includes providing guidelines, counsel and direction to reporting employees, as necessary.
Obtains approval from Area Sales Manager and makes recommendation on hiring, dismissing, promoting, demoting or disciplining employees, will be in conjunction with HR, for those individuals reporting directly to this position and directing these individuals to do the same with any subordinates.
MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE:
Achieves Studio revenue and profitability goals
Manages internal and external relationships and fosters teamwork
Executes effective reporting and communication procedures
Trains, mentors & develops studio level staff
Achieves optimal operational levels through effective workforce management (includes, but not limited to; scheduling, managing against budgeted hours, studio coverage, etc.)
Manages to the point of eliminating time and attendance, time clock violations
Maintains overall studio and personnel appearance
Manages and executes performance evaluation system in a timely manner evaluations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All items listed should be taken to mean that the individual already has these skills, or has the ability to rapidly acquire them.
Must have polished Customer Service Skills and maintain strong relationships with direct reports, peers and HQ partners.
Ability to recruit, train and manage effectively
Ability to Execute plans to accomplish company goals, and to implement, follow and enforce company policies and standards
Must demonstrate leadership abilities
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Requires High School Diploma or equivalent; significant work experience may substitute for academic achievement. Minimum requirements include a high school diploma, or GED.
Must have a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in studio management or studio management training program. Experience within the Beauty and Service Industry preferred.
Requires strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and organizational skills, and proficiency with MS Office Excel and preferably, BOOKER POS system.
LICENSING/REGISTRATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Valid California Drivers License and proof of insurance required. State Board of Cosmetology license preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as trade journals, financial reports, and scorecards. Ability to effectively create and present reports and other information to peers, management, and public groups.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations such as in pricing, discounting and financial reporting. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism, such as formulas and graphs, etc.
Ability to apply principles of logical and business thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with uncertainty and to create quick but viable solutions. Must be able to serve as a resource to peers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
Must project a professional personal appearance at all times.
It is the responsibility of the employee to keep fully operational any equipment either issued or supported in terms of service or reimbursements. Equipment includes but is not limited to cell phones, computers, fax, printers, hand-held communication devices.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most of the work will be performed in a typical, non-smoking, temperature-controlled
retail environment, where the noise and weather impacts are low. There may be a small amount of time spent in the company warehouse. Other outside responsibilities include visits to studios, vendors, or Trade Shows, which may require travel by air or automobile. These locations are visited throughout the year and during all weather conditions.
The contents of this Job Description are intended for information only, and do not in any way constitute a contract of employment. Ziba, Inc. reserves the right to modify, suspend, or revoke any or all of the plans, policies, or procedures described herein, in whole or in part, at any time, by giving notice to the employee of said changes.
I have read and I understand the above Job Description. I also understand that this is not an employment contract and that management retains the right to change this Job Description at any time to keep it representative of this functional position.